The highly portable SKYMAX-127 EQ3-2 is ideal for the observation of double-stars, and the surface detail of the Moon and bright planets. Despite its compact dimensions, it packs a powerful punch. Its high-resolution, long focal length optical system is multi-coated to maximise contrast and image sharpness.
Supplied with the EQ3-2 equatorial mount, which when polar aligned, will allow you to easily track objects as they move across the night sky via its slow motion control cables.
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x60 & x150
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x254
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 127mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1500mm (f/11.81)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Red Dot Finder
- 1.25"/31.7mm Star Diagonal
- EQ3-2 Deluxe Equatorial Mount
- Focusing by Moving Primary Mirror
- Built-in Polar Alignment Scope Holder
- Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 55% more Light gathering than 102mm
SKY-WATCHER DELUXE MIRROR COATINGS
Most reflectors today usually have a coat of aluminium as the mirror surface and then an overcoat of silicon monoxide or silicon dioxide to protect it. Silicon dioxide produces a much more durable coat than silicon monoxide but requires specialized equipment to apply it and is therefore more expensive. Protection is needed, because in most reflectors, the mirror is open to the elements and deterioration of the reflective layer reduces the resolution of the telescope.ALL Sky-Watcher reflectors are Multi-Coated with Silicon Dioxide as standard for Optimum Durability and Long Term Performance.