- Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x60 & x150
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x600
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 305mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1500mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): SP10mm & 25mm
- Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Crayford Focuser
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- Telescope Tube Length 144cm (Extended), 92.5cm (Retracted)
- 3-Point tube locking system
- Wooden Alt-Azimuth Mount with Accessory Tray
- 44% more Light Gathering than 250mm
PARABOLIC PRIMARY MIRRORS
Features High Quality Parabolic Primary Mirrors to eliminate spherical aberrations inherent in 'fast' focal lengh reflectors with spherical primary mirrors. The mirrors are parabolized to bring all the light rays to the same focal point to give sharp, constrasty images, which are full of detail.
SKY-WATCHER DELUXE MIRROR COATINGS
Most reflectors today usually have a coat of aluminium as the mirror surface and then an overcoat of silicon monoxide or silicon dioxide to protect it. Silicon dioxide produces a much more durable coat than silicon monoxide but requires specialized equipment to apply it and is therefore more expensive. Protection is needed, because in most reflectors, the mirror is open to the elements and deterioration of the reflective layer reduces the resolution of the telescope.ALL Sky-Watcher reflectors are Multi-Coated with Silicon Dioxide as standard for Optimum Durability and Long Term Performance.
Dobsonian telescopes offer an incredible aperture-to-price ratio. The Dobsonian mount, popularized by John Dobson in the 1970.s, is a simple and efficient method of mounting a Newtonian reflector, based on the Alt-Azimuth principal. Fast and easy to set up, the Dobsonian mount consists of a box-type mounting which allows the telescope to pivot in altitude, while the box itself is rotated on a base in azimuth. The secret of the design is to correctly balance the optical tube and use frictional materials which allow it to be moved easily when nudged but to stay in position when not. The mount is designed to be driven by hand as opposed to slow motion controls.Sky-Watcher Dobsonians provide excellent all round performance for the observation the Moon and Planets and Deep Sky Objects such as Galaxies and Nebulae.