- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x40, x80, x100, x200
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x400
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 200mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1000mm (f/5)
- Eyepiece Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- x2 Deluxe Barlow Lens 1.25" (with Camera Adaptor)
- Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Focuser
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- EQ5 Deluxe Heavy-Duty Equatorial Mount
- Built-in Polar Alignment Scope Holder
- 1.75" Stainless Steel Pipe Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 77% more Light Gathering than 150mm
PARABOLIC PRIMARY MIRRORS
Features High Quality Parabolic Primary Mirrors to eliminate spherical aberrations inherent in 'fast' focal lengh reflectors with spherical primary mirrors. The mirrors are parabolized to bring all the light rays to the same focal point to give sharp, constrasty images, which are full of detail.
SKY-WATCHER DELUXE MIRROR COATINGS
Most reflectors today usually have a coat of aluminium as the mirror surface and then an overcoat of silicon monoxide or silicon dioxide to protect it. Silicon dioxide produces a much more durable coat than silicon monoxide but requires specialized equipment to apply it and is therefore more expensive. Protection is needed, because in most reflectors, the mirror is open to the elements and deterioration of the reflective layer reduces the resolution of the telescope.ALL Sky-Watcher reflectors are Multi-Coated with Silicon Dioxide as standard for Optimum Durability and Long Term Performance.
The award winning Sky-Watcher EXPLORER-200P (EQ5) is a fantastic choice for intermediate-to-advanced astronomers but also suitable for the very serious adult beginner. With a much larger 200mm of light gulping aperture combined with its superb parabolic optics and superior resolving power, even feinter objects can be viewed. This telescope is a highly capable all-rounder with superb performance for the observation of the Moon, planets, nebulae, galaxies, star clusters, double stars etc. Supplied with the EQ5 equatorial mount, which when polar aligned, will allow you to easily track objects as they move across the night sky via its slow motion controls.