Home > Telescopes > WiFi Goto Telescopes & Mounts
Part Number: 50205Manufacturer: Skywatcher
WE ARE TAKING ORDERS EVEN THOUGH STOCKS ARE STILL VERY SHORT AND WE ARE SEEING DELAYS ON A LOT OF PRODUCTS.
PLEASE EMAIL US AND WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH AN EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE ON ANY OF THE PRODUCTS EVEN IF IT IS MARKED OUT OF STOCK.
We will come back to you as soon as we check with the warehouse (During working hours), or call us on 01483 756601
PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE DOES NOT MEAN THAT SOCK WILL BE AVAILABLE. IT MAY HAVE ALREADY SOLD OUT BEFORE ARRIVAL SO PRE-ORDERING IS ADVISED.
The Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Mini Wi-Fi (SAM) is a compact high-precision camera tracking platform that is ideal for long exposure astrophotography aswell as time-lapse photography in daytime and night time settings.
SAM easily fits in your backpack or camera bag, making it a convenient travel companionthat can venture with you into remote locations.
SAM comes with built-in WiFi and the free Star Adventurer Mini Console App for Android and iOS platforms, allowing it to be remotely controlled with your smartphone. SAM is easy to set up and to operate in all of its modes.
Although capable of supporting larger camera lenses, SAM is ideal and very simple to use for Widefield Astrophotography with a standard camera lens of 55mm or shorter focal length, as only a rough polar alignment is necessary, making it ideal for all kinds of amateur photographers unfamiliar with astronomy.
Star Adventurer Mini Wi-Fi Photo Set: includes the Star Adventurer Mini (SAM) mount, ball head adaptor, polarscope and polarscope illuminator. Sky-Watcher shutter release cables can be purchased separately for most popular camera models/brands.
The Star Adventurer Mini Wi-Fi can attach to any standard tripod via its ¼” or 3/8” adaptors. The latitude can be set by either adjusting the tilt of your tripod head to match your latitude or more accurately by purchasing the optional Equatorial Wedge. To fit a camera to the Star Adventurer, either a tripod Ball Head is required (not supplied) or the optional Dovetail L-Bracket. The optional Dovetail L-Bracket can be used in conjunction with the optional counterweight shaft/counterweight.
The advantages of SAM are as follows,
1. It's lighter weight, smaller and more compact in size and easier to carry for astrophotography.
2. Provides Wi-Fi wireless connection and remotely controllable with your smartphone.
3. With the free download App, which provides a graphical user interface, the parameter and profile settings are easier and
4. Provides long-exposure in time-lapse photography.
5. Supports multi-language operation interfaces that users may select their native language.
The disadvantages include,
1. Since SAM is physically smaller than a standard Star Adventurer, the payload is less at up to 3 kg.
2. The PE of SAM is larger than Star Adventurer. The SAM is not suitable for a DSLR with a telescopic camera lens with a focal length of longer than about 100 mm, because of the larger PE and smaller payload.
3. With a smaller battery capacity, 2 AA type batteries, the duration of operation is up to 24 hours, shorter than a Star Adventurer, which is able to continue working 72 hours.
Star Adventurer Mini SAM is a better solution for those who want to use a DSLR with a standard or short focal length lens for wide-view astrophotography. We recommend customers to use a lens of 55 mm or shorter focal length with a DSLR on a Star Adventurer Mini mount, though lenses of up to about 100mm can be used.
Since it's better for wide-view photography, only a rough polar alignment is required - it does not require a polar alignment as good as the Star Adventurer needs for telescopic astrophotography.
The Star Adventurer Mini will have wide consumer appeal as a simple and easy solution for all kinds of beginners and amateur photographers who want to get into the astrophotography field without being familiar with astronomy.